Principals, Actions and Beliefs
- We will hold strictly all information concerning donors and prospects, including names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, and amounts of provisions or gifts, unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition or publicity.
- We will not share, sell, rent or otherwise offer information about supporters to other organizations except Starkey Hearing Foundation, unless consented to by the supporter.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing services to Starkey Hearing Foundation to protect the confidentiality of supporter information.
- We have procedures in place to limit access to information to those employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
- We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any supporter who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation and other mailing lists or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
- We will collect, use and share information about our supporters among employees and volunteers only on a needs-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out Starkey Hearing Foundation’s mission.
Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- The right to be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization uses donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for Starkey Hearing Foundation’s mission and purposes.
- The right to be informed of the identity of those serving the organization’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- The right to have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements upon reasonable request.
- The right to be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given in the event the donor donates restricted funds.
- The right to receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition or to remain anonymous if desired.
- The right to be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by applicable law.
- The right to be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- The right to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us, including your use of the Starkey Hearing Foundation website located at starkeyhearingfoundation.org. This site is owned and operated by Starkey Hearing Foundation. At Starkey Hearing Foundation, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Information Starkey Hearing Foundation Gathers and Tracks
We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. We collect this information to customize our features for individual visitors.
- Information Starkey Hearing Foundation gathers through aggregated tracking is used to determine which areas of our site users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. We collect this information in order to determine how to create the best experience for our visitors.
Use of Personal Information
Starkey Hearing Foundation strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choice for its intended use. We do not disclose your information to third parties unless it is specifically stated otherwise. We may use third party contractors to help us operate our business and the sites or administer activities on our behalf and may share your personal information with these contractors for those limited purposes. We use information solely to fulfill services, transact a donation or purchase and help us improve our website and product offering to you. Notwithstanding any other provision to the contrary, Starkey Hearing Foundation reserves the right to cooperate with local, state and federal officials in any investigation relating to any purported illegal activity(ies) and, when required by law, regulation, legal process or government requests, to disclose any personal information furnished by you or collected by Starkey Hearing Foundation to law enforcement authorities or other relevant or related third parties.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Starkey Hearing Foundation or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Starkey Hearing Foundation abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of data from the European Union.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Health Care Disclaimer
The information presented on the site is not intended to be medical advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you suspect a hearing problem, Starkey Hearing Foundation strongly urges you to consult with a qualified physician or hearing professional.
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Starkey Hearing Foundation website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy, data collection, use and disclosure. You should review those policies when visiting those websites. Starkey Hearing Foundation has no responsibility for linked websites and is not responsible for the content of any such site. Starkey Hearing Foundation provides these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors and cannot guarantee that those sites will not change without our knowledge. Inclusion of such links and frames on our site does not imply our endorsement of the linked or framed sites or their content.
Starkey Hearing Foundation operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our site users.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.